Portugal is a fascinating country with a proud history that can be felt from the bustling streets of the capital Lisbon, down to each intimate, picture-perfect village. The country’s historic architecture, beautiful countryside, dramatic coastline and town plains lined with cozy restaurants will make you feel transported back in time and ensure unforgettable moments.
Portugal is also home to the world’s largest cork tree forests and the Helix cork—the world’s first twist-open-and-close cork closure for wine. In the spirit of innovation, Krone is the first producer in the Southern Hemisphere to use the Helix as a closure for our Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2015.
Now Krone is giving you the opportunity to experience the beauty of Portugal in a paid six-day trip to Portugal as well a visit to the magnificent cork forests in the country’s south with an introduction to the behind-the-scenes aspects of cork production.
How to enter:
To enter participants must purchase a bottle of Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir and send an SMS to to 33767 (before 31 July 2016) with the following information:
1. The last 4 digits of the barcode (found on the back label of the Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir bottle)
2. Their Name & Surname
3. And the first 6 digits of their South African ID number
Each SMS will cost R1,50. Please note that free SMSes are not applicable. Refer to the bottom of this page for full Terms & Conditions.
Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir
Celebrate those everyday moments with Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir. Combined in perfect proportions the two noble grapes create a wine full of flavour while remaining balanced and refreshing. The wine is sealed with the innovative Helix cork which opens and closes with a simple twist of the wrist, thanks to a matching thread finish found inside the neck of the bottle and on the cork itself. You can read more about this wine here.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
WIN A ROMANTIC TRIP FOR TWO & DISCOVER PORTUGAL, WITH KRONE & HELIX COMPETITION
1. The competition is open to all residents of South Africa who are aged 18 years or older.
2. The Promoter is Vinimark (Pty) Ltd, herein after referred to as “the Promoter”.
3. Excluded from entering this competition are employees, directors, members, consultants and partners of the advertising agency or agents of the Promoter, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family, business partners or associates. Also excluded are any people who have previously won a Vinimark promotion in 2015/16.
4. There are nine prizes.
The Grand Prize comprises an all expenses paid trip (to the total value of R70 000) for the winner and a partner to Portugal in June 2017. The itinerary is as follows:
Day 1 – Arrival in Lisbon (Sunday)
Day 2 – Lisbon – tourism
Day 3 – Evora – Cork forest and processing
Day 4 – Porto – Cork production
Day 5 – Porto – tourism
Day 6 – Return to South Africa
In addition, all domestic flights (both locally and in Portugal), meals, transport, drinks, accommodation, sight seeing fees are included. The winner and their partner need to be in possession of valid travel documents and must be able to travel in June 2017. The prize excludes travel and medical insurance and the onus is on the prize winner to secure this themselves.
The 8 x weekly prizes each comprise a case of six bottles of Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir.
5. The Grand Prize competition runs from 9am on Tuesday 1 March to 11:59pm on Sunday 31 July 2016 . The entry dates for the weekly competitions are as follows:
Week 1 – 1 June – 7 June
Week 2 – 8 June – 14 June 2016
Week 3 – 15 June – 21 June 2016
Week 4 – 22 June – 28 June 2016
Week 5 – 29 June – 5 July 2016
Week 6 – 6 July – 12 July 2016
Week 7 – 13 July – 19 July 2016
Week 8 – 20 July – 26 July 2016
6. To enter to stand a chance of winning a prize, participants must SMS the last 4 digits of the barcode (found on the back label of the Krone Chardonnay Pinot Noir bottle) to 33767 before 31 July 2016. Each SMS will cost R1,50. Please note that free SMSes are not applicable.
8. The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged for its cash value. The travel dates of the Grand Prize are also not negotiable.
9. Every valid entry will be entered into a lucky draw to win the weekly prizes and the Grand Prize.
10. The winner of the Grand Prize will be randomly selected (using an automated system) and will be notified telephonically on or before 5 August 2016. The winners of the weekly prizes will be notified on the Wednesday after each competition closes.
11. The Promoter will make every reasonable attempt to contact the winner. Should we be unable to contact the winner we reserve the right to draw a new winner/s.
12. By entering the competition and/or accepting the prizes winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless Vinimark (Pty) Ltd. and the Promoter and other, from and against any actions, claims, liability for injury, loss, damage of any kind resulting from the competition and/or prize.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition, you agree to give the Promoter and its group of companies permission to keep all material and information submitted as part of your entry, on electronic or hard copy databases and filing systems for the purpose of the above-mentioned competition and by entering this competition, you agree to the Promoter transferring your data to our promotional partners to enable the awarding of the winning prize.
15. The Promoter will obtain written consent from the winners should the Promoter wish to use the names, photographs, and entries submitted by the relevant competition winners, for the purposes of unpaid publicity relating to the promotion, by the Promoter.
16. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
PROMOTER: Vinimark (Pty) Ltd